- Study of molecular mechanisms underlying the ability of Babesia spp. parasites surviving acute infection to establish highly persistent infections in animals that are immune to further disease.
- Cellular microbiology, the host cell responses elicited by interactions with microorganisms
- Systems biology bench-to-bedside approaches to understanding vector-borne disease (VBD) transmission dynamics.
- Molecular insights into host-pathogen interactions and fundamental pathogen development biology has led to the development of vaccines, vaccine delivery platforms and point-of-need diagnostics.
- Our goal is to define the mechanisms governing how bacteria use virulence factors to evade detection by the immune system and cause disease.
- Host and viral interactions relevant to therapeutic and vaccine delivery.
Julie M. Moore
- Application of human, field-based studies, in vitro cell culture models and mouse models to understand malaria pathogenesis in pregnancy and gain enhanced understanding of placental biology in health and disease
- Through adapting basic mucosal immunology approaches, vaccines to protect against human and animal infectious and autoimmune diseases are developed and tested.
- Transcriptional and metabolic regulation of tissue immune responses in health and disease