- Our goal is to define the mechanisms governing how bacteria use virulence factors to evade detection by the immune system and cause disease.
- Host and viral interactions relevant to therapeutic and vaccine developments.
Julie M. Moore
- Application of human, field-based studies, in vitro cell culture models and mouse models to understand malaria pathogenesis in pregnancy and gain enhanced understanding of placental biology in health and disease
- Through adapting basic mucosal immunology approaches, vaccines to protect against human and animal infectious and autoimmune diseases are developed and tested.
- Transcriptional and metabolic regulation of tissue immune responses in health and disease