The Department has a long standing record of accomplishment in infectious disease and pathology research. However, in recent years, there has been increasing research focus on emerging infectious diseases. The overwhelming majority of CVM faculty with research interests in emerging pathogens are in Infectious Diseases and Pathology, and many are also members of the UF Emerging Pathogens institute.
Department Research Programs
- Emerging Infectious Diseases Research
Faculty Research Areas by Field/General Topic
- Molecular Parasitology and Vector-Borne Diseases
- Virology, Immunology and Vaccine Development
- Mycoplasmology and Mucosal Immunity
- Wildlife Diseases and Parasitology